|Welcome to the Hillbilly Swing Ring.
This webring represents websites that seek to create, recapture and celebrate the sounds of the Western Swing movement of the 1930s, '40s and '50s from Southern California to Texas. Linked together in a circle, or ring, these sites can be accessed simply by clicking on a "Next" or "Previous" link in the banner, eventually bringing you back to where you started. Utilizing a centralized ring database and CGI script, the Webring system allows several advantages over simple HTML links from one page to the next. When you join the Webring, the HTML code on your homepage never changes. Links point to a special CGI script at webring.org that will send people to the next (or previous) site in the Hillbilly Swing Ring. This eliminates the need to change the HTML code when a new site is added or removed and thereby facilitates modification of the ring. This centralized system tends to reduce problems stemming from remote site server issues as well.
Once you've submitted your site to the queue, you will receive a computer generated e-mail with a summary of your information, and instructions on how to update your site's HTML. Give me a holler when you've added the banner and code and I'll visit your site to see if it fits in with the Hillbilly Swing theme. If it does, you're in like Flynn and your page will be moved to the ring.
Before submitting your site, please read the criteria for joining and remaining a member of the Hillbilly Swing Ring:
1. The page you submit needs to be the same page you put the HTML fragment on.
2. The page you submit for approval should load within a reasonable amount of time. If you have 300KB of graphics on one page, trim it down! You can put whatever amount of content within your site, just not on your linked page. We want to increase traffic and keep 'em comin' back.
3. Do not use background music, Java, or VB scripting on your linked page.
4. You must not be a ring collector. I do not accept sites that solely serve to provide links to other rings.
5. No "link-only" pages.
6. You MUST display the required Hillbilly Swing Ring graphic and HTML code on your page. No excuses. This must be in place when you submit your site for approval or it will be rejected.
7. When submitting a page with frames, please put "(frames)" after the title. For example: Life and Times of Minnie Pearl (frames). This is to help the Webring CGI handle your site properly when checking for your script; it also helps to maintain ring integrity.
8. You may not alter the banner or code in any way without express written authorization. To do otherwise is grounds for immediate removal from the ring and a swift swat on the nose.
Here is a copy of the HTML fragment to place on your home page. You can either add the code now or after you have been added to the ring. Place this code on your opening page. Once approved you will be assigned a site ID to insert.
|<center><img height="90" width="468" src="hillbillyswingbnr.gif" border="0"
<area coords="346,60,383,74" shape="rect" href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=hbillswingring;id=YOUR_SITE_ID_HERE;next">
<area coords="303,62,340,73" shape="rect" href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=hbillswingring;id=YOUR_SITE_ID_HERE;next5">
<area coords="248,61,297,73" shape="rect" href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=hbillswingring;id=YOUR_SITE_ID_HERE;list">
<area coords="215,62,241,73" shape="rect" href="http://www.theluckystars.com/pages/joinring.html">
<area coords="164,61,210,73" shape="rect" href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=hbillswingring;id=YOUR_SITE_ID_HERE;random">
<area coords="99,61,158,74" shape="rect" href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=hbillswingring;id=YOUR_SITE_ID_HERE;prev"></map>
Now all you need is the...
Simply copy the gif below. The code above requires that the gif resides at the root level of your site (i.e. in the same folder as the page on which it sits). If you want to put the gif elsewhere the code must be edited to link to the new location (e.g. src="/images/hillbillyswingbnr.gif")
Submit your site
Fill out the form below to join the ring